Founded by Alfred F. Beyer in 1946, Casa Rio sits on land first granted title in 1777 by the King of Spain. Our Spanish Colonial period hacienda became the core of the new business. The cedar door and window lintels, the fireplace, and thick rock walls, are still evident inside the building.
Casa Rio was the first San Antonio business to open its doors to the River and take advantage of the setting. Canoes, gondolas, and paddle boats, evolving into tour and dinner boats, began here and helped create the Riverwalk of today.
The Original fare of San Antonio Tex-Mex food is how we would describe our original Regular Plate that made its debut on our first menu printed in 1946. This included the staples of San Antonio Mexican fare; a tamale, enchilada, chili, rice and beans. Even with the ever-changing foodie trends around the country, we have devoted ourselves to authenticity by staying true to our roots and having a menu that never disappoints. Over the years, we have made an effort to enhance our menu while staying true to our heritage.